Thursday, January 3, 2013

Goodbye 2012 and Hello 2013

Here is a wrap up of 2012:
**I turned the BIG 30~Candie and Jason and my Mom threw me a party at the Town Hall with help from several friends and family it was a great night!! 
**Lucy turned 2!  We had a small party at our house with just close friends and family.
**We went to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina for Spring Break!  Drove 19 hours there and 19 hours back, making stops in several cool towns along the way!  An experience my kids still talk about!
**Garrett turned 6 and had his party at Emerald City with friends from school!
**We spent some time at Brian & Darla's while visiting Silver Dollar City a couple of times!
**I joined 24 hour fitness!
**Numerous family dinners with real family, as well as friends we consider family!  ;)
**Em Chamas with Candie and Kurt!
**I started sewing more and more on Grandma Will's sewing machine!
**Delaney turned 8 and also had her party at Emerald City (earlier in the year)
**Garrett began 1st grade as a whole new kid!  Confident, ready and willing to go each day!  Thank goodness!
**Delaney began 3rd grade!!!!  She's so big!
**Jason's dad was diagnosed with Stage 4 Cancer
**Jason's dad was hospitalized a few different times.
**Delaney joined the Mize Zebras for volleyball!  They got League Runner Ups (2nd place overall)
**Camperama at the Dickerson's
**Movie dates
**Skyrobics at Sky Zone
**We (meaning Jason) painted our master bathroom!
**To wrap up 2012 we had an amazing 12 day vacation as a family of 5 at home!  We didn't travel, we didn't really do much besides spend time together!  It was just what we all needed!!!  In that vacation we had 5 Christmas celebrations and a birthday party to attend!  Jason and I went on two date nights (back to back) Date one was with Aric, Kaylia and Corey to the comedy club and dinner and drinks.  Date two was to the movies to see Parental Guidance while the kids spent the night at Gerri and Emeralds.  Gerri even made taco dinner for all of us before we ventured out for our movie!!  Jason and Garrett and Delaney got to spend quality time together racing RC cars at Letko for a few days of the break as well.  Lucy and I would pop in for visits but it's more of a big kid/dad thing!

1. What are you most thankful for?
In 2012 I am most thankful for the abundance of friends and family that we have that love us and make us feel loved! 

2. What were the highlights of 2012 for you?
Please see above! ;)

3. What are you hoping for in 2013?
In 2013, I am hoping to continue on my weight loss journey.  I hope to find a place where I'm happy with me and most importantly STICK WITH IT!  I am still doing good, I walk at lunch, I go to the gym, I do Skyrobics, I include the family, I am eating better and better...baby steps!  I have a LONG way to go, but 2013 will give me 365 days to accomplish my goal!
I also hope to carve out time with each of my kids each week to just give them my undivided attention!  I loved all of the time we had together on our break, and I love how they were all so well behaved because they were getting that attention from us!  I really really really want to focus on keeping that goal!  My kids are growing before my eyes!  They aren't little anymore.  Delaney will be able to drive in 5 years!  Then she'll be out with her friends not home with us!  :(  I have to do it now before it's too late!
And a GREAT trip with a GREAT friend and her husband to Jamaica!!!  Come on May!  I just made another payment to this trip yesterday!  EEEEEEEK!

4. What were some of your favorites of 2012? (Clothes, movies, songs, TV shows, )
Instagram, Nikes, The Band Perry, Lady A, Grey's, Private Practice, Nashville!!, Duck Dynasty, Criminal Minds, CSI, and the occasional Housewives of somewhere shows!  Cowgirls and Angels, The Odd Life of Timothy Green, Hydraulic Jeans from Maurices, scarves!


No comments: