Sunday, January 6, 2013

Healthy Habits & Weekend Update!

I downloaded a free app for my iPod.  It's called Lose It!  It tracks my calories and exercise and weight!  I LOVE IT!!!  I started using it Friday! 
We went out to eat Friday night at Jazz at the Legends, and thanks to my app I was able to make a healthy food decision.  =)  We had a great night!   We took Jared and Jessica and met Aric, Kaylia, Kimberly, Corey, Jaime and Ryan for dinner and followed that with a trip to the Comedy Club to see Mike Speenburg from CMT and Comedy Central!  It was a great evening.  The kids spent the night with Ki Ki and Nick. 

Saturday night we had Barbara Denton's fundraiser for breast cancer, I did great here too!  I didn't eat anything at the party!!!  No cake, no dips, no cheese, no chili, no snacks!!!  It was GREAT!  I took my own Camelback water bottle in and just kept filling it up!  I was so busy helping with set up, the raffle sales, and the silent auction that I didn't have time for food!  I did however cut the cake and still no desire!  I was so proud of myself!!!  It was Jared's mom's cake!  YUM! 
So many people came out to support the fight for Breast Cancer.  I even saw Pancho from way back when.  Jason and him used to be best buds in elementary school and I knew him from middle and high school through Jaime.  It was great to see him and catch up!  The capacity of the room was 138, we easily had 250 people packed into that space!!!  The music was from the Abbey Road Band and they play all Beatles music, they were awesome.  We made 1500 in shirt sales, 1348.50 from the raffle and about 2500 from the silent auction!  Plus donations!!!  My donation to the auction was an our photo session on location and it went for $70!!  Felt so good to help in so many ways, time, physical, donations, and love!   **Bonus points: I got so many compliments last night, people saying I looked great, they loved my hair, I looked pretty, the compliments just kept coming all night!  That TOTALLY HELPS!!!!!  A little encouragement goes a long way!!  (I straightened my hair just to curl the ends, took forever but it was really pretty!!)
The kids were at home with Madison and Jordan.  Kimberly's kids joined them around 8:30, we were home by 11.  Corey came to get his kids at 1am.  And I was off to bed!

Sunday, Jason took the kids to the RC track so Lucy and I spent the day together, we ran one errand to Little Krystle's house to get some clothes she gave to Delaney!  Such cute stuff.  All name brand!  She was so excited to see it all when she got home!  I did good with food decisions today too!  I'm hoping it all pays off!

Tomorrow is the final weigh in for the Maintain Don't Gain Holiday Challenge.  I don't care if I am not the biggest loser.  I just really want to be successful for myself.  I want to feel good, and look good!  That is all!

No comments: