Saturday, March 22, 2014

Life is like a box of chocolate...in this case they all have coconut...( I hate coconut)

Life as of lately has been stressful. A stressful roller coaster of emotions. It's similar to the feelings I experienced with my last pregnancy. Only this time around there is no baby. For this I am thankful. Three is a good solid number! In January we lost a great man, my father-in-law, Larry Krueger to pancreatic cancer. He gave a great fight and kept a positive outlook on life throughout the whole ordeal. Jason, Kristen and Cyndi were all with him as he took his final breaths on January 29, 2014. I was home with the kids when I got the text from Jason that simply read: "He fought one hell of a fight but it's over now. He just passed away" I jumped up from a sound sleep, as it was only 5:53am. I then had the sad task of telling all three kids that Grandpa Larry was in Heaven. That he wouldn't be at the house next time we went over and he would be in Heaven with GG and visiting with her about how much they both love them all. Horrible. Horrible doesn't really describe the emotions of completing that task, and then sending two of your babies off to school. I felt they needed some normalcy and school was the way to go! We got through the funeral arrangements, I made a video slide show and in the end the service was spectacular! It was the kind of service all of us dream of having when it's our turn to go. So with that day there were tears of saddness but also so many smiles from the service and the stories and the pictures! Since then we've been busy helping Cyndi with things normally left for Larry to do. We have all become closer from the loss of Larry. For that I am thankful. Cyndi is going to sell her house to Kristen and Nick and she's currently looking for the perfect condo/villa/townhome to call HOME! Fast forward to March 12. It started off as a normal Wednesday until my phone rang and it was Jason. He asked me if I was sitting down, to which I replied yes...having no real idea where this was coming from. Then he said it. He said something I never thought I'd hear come out of his mouth. "I was just fired!" The tears were flowing from him. He was struck down mentally, he was still grieving the loss of his dad, not even two months ago...now they just fired him. They said they couldn't afford to pay his salary anymore, after 12 long years with the company. It sucked. It hurt. We both had moments of rage, sadness, fear, thanfulness, fear, sadness and rage again. It was like a vicious cycle. In the end we believe that we will come out better on the other side. The company that Jason worked for will in the end regret their decision, but he will never go back. And we believe Jason will find work that is better for him and a better life long fit than where he was. We believe that Larry is watching over us and will protect us the best he can. We believe God only gives us what he thinks we can handle. And it could always be much worse. Although looking back now, on March 12, I thought that was ROCK BOTTOM! Turns out, it was just a bump in the road! Here's to 2014 only going UP from here!

No comments: