Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Thirty-One

I have been Thirty-One for a week now, a whole seven days! 

First of all, let me start by saying, I don't feel any older!  My body is just as sore today as it was two, three, eight weeks ago when I was still 30!  The only real pain I feel is from working out with Candie, but I see this as good pain, not aging pain! LOL

I don't appear to be having any mid-life crisis'.  My age as a number doesn't really bother me.  To be honest what bothers me more is that with my age going up, so does the age of my children.  I've said this before, but I'll say it again.  I have a REALLY hard time with Delaney being 8 (9 in August), due in part to the fact that I can remember myself at 8, 9, 10 and up.  I remember 3rd grade vividly, she's in 3rd grade. 

I don't know if my hard time is for me or for them and what they don't know...

That TIME FLIES BY!  When you're young it's all about wanting to be old enough to make your own rules, stay up as late as you want, eat what you want, buy what you want, drive around in your car, hang out with your friends.  But as I sit here at Thirty-One I can tell them that it all happens so fast! 

One day you're driving around in your black Chevy 454 SS with bucket seats with no where to go!  Just driving to drive, then you blink, and you're driving your black Chevy extended cab loaded with kids, car seats and crap with a purpose: school, work, groceries, doctor visits...there's no more driving around just to drive around! 

The same goes with your time and how you spend it.  There's really only a short window of time where you feel like you can do what you want with your time.  Then responsibility kicks in.  You have to work to buy gas, food, clothes, insurance, and car repairs.  Work takes up time.  Work comes early so you don't get to stay out or up late like you thought you would.  Ahhh, to be a care free kid again!  I'd give anything!

I just wish for my kids to take each day as a gift.  To learn from each moment and to cherish the memories.  Cause when you're older and the kids are all grown and moved away living their lives all you'll have left are the memories! 

So here's to Thirty-One!  I hope it's great! 

No comments: